Did you know the IRS is making it easier to get answers to your tax questions? The IRS Web site – IRS.gov makes it easy to get an answer to a tax question, anytime during the year. The site is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Whether you need a form or have tax questions, IRS.gov has a wealth of information. IRS.gov is accessible all day, every day.
Here are five reasons to visit IRS.gov this summer.
1. Get the latest information on new tax law changes. Several new laws have been enacted and there are provisons that affect almost every taxpayer.
2. Calculate the right amount of withholding allowances on your W-4. The IRS Withholding Calculator will help you ensure that you don’t have too much or too little income tax withheld from your pay.
3. Search for charities. Search Publication 78, Cumulative List of Organizations, to find out if an organization is exempt from federal taxation and, if so, how much of your contributions to that organization are tax deductible.
4. Get information about careers at the IRS. No matter what your professional specialty, the IRS can offer you a variety of full-time career or seasonal job opportunities.
5. Get tax forms and publications. You can view, download and order tax forms and publications any hour of the day or night.
Remember that for the genuine IRS Web site be sure to use .gov. Don't be confused by internet sites that end in .com, .net, .org or other designations instead of .gov. The address of the official IRS governmental Web site is www.irs.gov.