Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Online Resource Center for Form I-9

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has launched I-9 Central, which is a new, free online resource center that provides simple one-click access to resources, tips, and guidance to properly complete Form I-9, Employee Eligibility Verification, and better understand the Form I-9 process [USCIS website, News Releases, USCIS Launches I-9 Central on USCIS.gov, 5/13/11].

An employer must complete a Form I-9 for all newly-hired employees to verify their identity and authorization to work in the United States.

I-9 Central includes information on employer and employee rights and responsibilities. It has step-by-step instructions for completing the form, and information on acceptable documents for establishing identity and employment authorization. It also includes a discussion of common mistakes to avoid when completing the form, guidance on how to correct errors, and answers to employers' recent questions about the Form I-9 process.

No comments: