Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Get help with your tax returns this year

This particular post is simply a post asking people to consider coming to me instead of going to H&R Block or Jackson Hewitt (or to another national firm or tax preparer). I have over 30 years experience in tax preparation, in both individual (1040 and related forms) and business returns (1120, 1120S, 1120H, and related forms).
I am taken several exams related to tax preparation and currently hold the ATP (Accredited Tax Preparer) and RTRP (Registered Tax Return Preparer) credentials. There are many tax preparers out there that claim to have experience, but have little or no experience. There are many tax preparers out there that do not have any credentials, and have never received any training in income tax preparation, and these individuals do not keep current with IRS tax codes and regulations (which change every year).

I take a minimum of 100 hours of continuing education related to federal and state (Illinois) income tax. I take more than 5 times the minimum required amount of CPE every year, and often, I feel this is NOT enough!

I do NOT guarantee anyone will get a refund. What I do guarantee is that I will prepare your tax return in accordance with IRS and State regulations. I will not prepare your tax return so that you get the biggest tax refund possible (as some tax preparers do). I WILL make sure to take advantage of every possible credit you are eligible to receive.

If you owe taxes, I will try to minimize the tax you owe by applying every possible credit you are eligible to receive. I will not prepare your tax return if YOU want to include false information on your return in order to minimize the tax you owe, or to get a larger tax refund.

If you are an individual with income of $200,000 or more, or married (filing jointly) with income of $250,000 or more, you may be hit with two additional taxes (3.9% and 0.9%) for certain types of income earned or recognized in 2013 (thanks to the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as ObamaCare).
I can prepare tax returns for individuals and businesses located in any of the 50 states. If you are interested in having me prepare your tax returns, please email me with your contact information (mastertype@mabspc.com). If you do not live near Chicago, IL, I will provide you with a safe, secure way to upload me your tax information (through my website - using a secure client portal specifically setup for each client).

My fees are fair for everyone. There are no hidden fees or charges. The fee is $225 per hour.

No comments: