In response to recommendations made in the Senate Finance Committee Bipartisan Report to lessen taxpayer burden and enhance customer service in the application process, the Form 1023 and Form 1024 product pages have been updated on IRS.gov. They provide a wide range of readily available information to assist organizations with the application process. On the left side of the product pages is “Information on Tax-Exempt Application Process” and links addressing these topics:
- Before Applying for Tax-Exempt Status
- Top Ten Tips to Shorten the Tax-Exempt Application Process
- Application for Exemption or Misc. Determination: Sample Questions
- Determinations Guide Sheets for Exempt Organizations
- Applying for Tax-Exempt Status
- Optional Expedited Processing Expanded to All Eligible 501(c)(4) Applicants Beginning in December 2013
- Need a Form or Publication? These webpages assist with the application process and enable groups to easily access information while applying for exemption.