To kick of the tax filing season, the IRS has issued fact sheets to provide information on the following topics:
• FACT SHEET-2011-06 — Expanded Options for Using Tax Refunds to Buy Savings Bonds
• FACT SHEET-2011-05 — The IRS uses social media tools and platforms to share the latest information on tax changes, initiatives, products and services.
• FACT SHEET-2011-04 — The Internal Revenue Service offers free help to taxpayers who need answers to their federal tax questions and help with filing a return.
• FACT SHEET-2011-03 — A special tax credit offers taxpayers an opportunity to lower their tax bill or increase their refunds on their 2010 federal tax returns.
• FACT SHEET-2011-02 — Businesses and self-employed individuals should be aware of tax changes regarding credits, deductions, and making payments in 2011.
• FACT SHEET-2011-01 — April 18 deadline, tax breaks extended, adoption credit and more.