Contractor Withholding Requirements: The Ins and Outs of IRC 3402(t)
The office of Federal, State and Local Governments will hold a free, one-hour webinar July 14, 2011, to discuss required 3 percent income tax withholding on certain payments made by government entities, to take effect in 2013. The webinar is recommended for any Federal, state or local government entities as well as tax professionals.
Participants can get answers to these questions:
• What is Section 3402(t)?
• The Legislative history of Section 3402(t)
• Who must perform Section 3402(t) withholding?
• What payments are subject to Section 3402(t) withholding?
• Exceptions to Section 3402(t) withholding?
• Section 3402(t) deposit and reporting mechanics?
You can register for the webinar at this website (copy and paste the address to your browser): http://www.visualwebcaster.com/IRS/80377/reg.asp?id=80377